Saturday, October 14, 2023

April 18th -30th, 2023 Hiking With and Without the Dogs

April 18th  Sweet Woods Forest Preserve 

Family Day Hike

Loki looking at something only he knows.


Spring is sprouting.


April 22nd Marquette Park
Debbie, Jim, and their 3 dogs joined the Fun Bunch 3 today for a hike along Lake Michigan.

Things we saw on the Octave Chanute Trail.


Walking back from Lake Street Beach to Marquette Park

April 23 Sierra Club Hike at Messenger Woods
I joined the River Prairie group of the Sierra Club for a hike today. 

Messenger Woods is a Will County Forest Preserve. It was a great group of people and most of them could identify all the flowering plants we saw. Unfortunately, I can not so this is what I saw.



What I learned today is that there are mussels in Illinois rivers and creeks. This one was probably eaten by a raccoon.

April 25 Dune Ridge Trail to Kemil Beach 
I seem to see Sasquatch wherever I go.

I love this hike to Kemil Beach. The first part is the Dune Ridge Trail which is like a rollercoaster with ups and downs and twists and turns.

Then you see a beautiful flower and take the old jeep trails to the beach. For years there were no signs along the jeep trails. About two years ago, the NPS posted signs along the multiple trails to the beach. 

I'm not sure who is imitating who in this photo.


The girls walking along the shoreline.


April 30th West Beach
Today we hiked the Long Lake Trail,  Loop3 from the Long Lake parking lot.






Nola looks like she enjoyed a beautiful day at the Indiana Dunes.








No comments:

Post a Comment