Sunday, August 12, 2018

August 10, 2018 A Morning Hike from Dunbar Beach to The Indiana Dunes State Park

The summer is flying by, time is slipping away so quickly. I know these two love our hikes on the beach. But I need them more than they do. It seems my only chance to relax is here. We hiked from the Indiana National Lakeshore's Dunbar Beach west into the Indiana Dunes State Park.

It was blue skies over the lake but cloudy inland. The weather forecast has called for rain all week. Some areas of Chicagoland got rain but we didn't get any on the south side. 

Walking west along the south shore of Lake Michigan.

More beach art from another visitor to this wonderland.

Two dogs on the road to nowhere.

I loved the clouds over the dunes.

Oslo after cooling off in the lake.


A rock message on the beach.

The clouds looked like you could reach up and touch them.

The blue sky breaking through the clouds over the dunes.

While I was looking up the whole hike, these two were sniffing their was across the beach.

Such a beautiful calm lake today.

Back where we started. Even though the beach looked empty, I met several interesting people walking along the shore. There was a couple visiting from Croatia. They were taking pictures too. I told them to check out Central Beach and Mt. Baldy because the wanted to see bigger dunes. I also warned them that they were parked illegally on Lake Front Dr. and directed them to the parking lot at Dunbar. I also met a young mom with her son and their 6 month old golden retriever poodle mix. That dog was all legs and as cute as could be. Her husband did want a big dog so they decided on this mixed breed. The problem is that dog is tall and it's gonna be big when it fills out. She said, "It's already too late, we all love this dog and it's ours forever." Then there was a group of young girls playing in the water. The youngest was so polite. She said, "Pardon me mister, your dogs are beautiful. I love dogs." I thanked her and walked away smiling. A short distance away I ran into her grandmother and her friend. She also asked about the dogs. Then said she saw her granddaughter looking at them. I laughed and said she was so cute and very polite. Grandma said the little girl loves dogs but that she has warned her not to run up to strange dogs...which she did not do...so I said she is a good kid because she listened. The grandma made me laugh by saying, "at least the young one listens to me because her older sisters do not. Another fun trip to the beach ends with a smiling fat old man walking his dogs back to the car.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool the simple yet great relaxing pleasures you & the dogs get from taking these walks. The quiet & natures beauty, meeting people along the way & just enjoying every part of the pick me up outing. We know the dogs love that you take them out to explore & water places are their fav.

    ReplyDelete