Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 1 Sunshine Glorious Sunshine





I woke up dead ass tired due to hockey. I played on Wednesday night and watched the Blackhawks rally with three goals in the third only to lose late in the game last night. Once again, the gray morning skies just put me in a bad mood. But thank the Lord, by 3pm the sun broke through the clouds. Some people around me at a Speedway on 95th Street actually dropped to their knees and praised Jesus for the sunshine. By the time I got home, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and I felt surprisingly full of energy. I picked up dog poop and cut the grass which was damn close to knee high in some spots. I had some errands to run so I asked the dogs "Wanna go for a ride?". Surprisingly, they always say "YES!". They don't say it verbally but physically. Fluffy tilts her and gets happy feet where she just runs in circles with her 'Grinch' feet flying about. Oslo lifts his ears and starts nudging me toward the car. These two make running around town seem so exciting. First stop is the bank drive thru, Fluffy's favorite place in the whole world because she always gets a dog biscuit from the tellers. I'm sure that her doggy brain thinks that is the only reason I stop there. Here's a picture of her impatiently waiting for the tube that supplies her with biscuits. Then off to pick up clothing from the dry cleaners. This place only hires good looking young woman who always greet you with a warm welcome and a sweet smile. I only go because of the great job of dry cleaning they do. Last stop is a carry out dinner from Café Borgia, my favorite Italian restaurant in the Chicagoland area. The staff here is also very friendly but the food is so good I would still go if they insisted on waterboarding me before every meal. One side note, look at that beautiful blue sky. Damn, it's good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment