Monday, May 25, 2009

May 23 Trail Ride and RoboChrissy

I finally got a chance to take my bike out for some single track trail riding. I took it easy because I'm old and fat. After riding the main horse trail for a couple of miles, I felt like I was getting my legs back so I rode some single track loops. It felt great to be riding again. Due to the rainy spring the trails were mud for the past two months. I noticed that several of the bridges were recently built. The forest preserve employees removed some of the bridges last year. I think the trails are actually illegal bike trails that the local kids keep maintained by adding bridges across small ravines so you can keep riding instead of dismounting and walking your bike. While riding I saw a heron in the creek and several deer but it was the amazing green color that really struck me. The leaves and the ground cover had a emerald green color that was almost unnatural looking. Hopefully it shows in the picture. The other picture is of Chrissy's repaired leg. "We can rebuild her". RoboChrissy spent the sunny day in the hammock. She says she feels good and is getting used to the brace. She did remove the pain pump and the tubing that went about 6" into her knee. She then had bloody liquid dripping out of her knee across the floors of three rooms before she realized it. Once that stopped she was able to take a shower for the first time in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment