Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 30 Rainy Day Random Thoughts



Once again, it rained all day long and it's not just rain but the clouds never break and it's dark and gray all day long. I attempted to ignore the dreariness of the day by writing down some random thoughts. So here goes...people seem slightly depressed or at least a bit down when it rains for 5 straight days...I always seem to chose mellower music on rainy days like the CoffeHouse channel on Sirius...it just doesn't seem right to rock out or dance on dreary days...the swine flu seems to dominate the all news stations and it seems like it's not the disaster the mass media has been making it...so I called my personal medical expert, my mom...she is a nurse and a New Yorker so I knew she'd have an opinion...drumroll please...yes the media is overhypeing this pandemic, she says most scientists are saying this is not a severe strain of the flu...of course her little boy (and you) should take precautions like washing his hands and using hand sanitizer...also do not touch your face especially your mouth and eyes...I asked if licking the hand rails at Comiskey Park was a good idea...she answered no, like I was serious...I then asked if maybe a severe pandemic was exactly what the world needed right now, kind of like culling the herd...I thought maybe one to one and a half billion dead was a good number for the Swine Flu...she hung up on me...speaking of swine, I got stuck in traffic behind a Britney Spears fan...so I added that picture too... gotta go Blackhawks vs Canucks tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment