Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1 Happy Birthday Fluffy











Our female Pyr is eleven today. Actually we have no idea when she was born. She was a stray that we got from St. John Animal Control. They picked her up on Route 41 and returned her to her owners who didn't even report Fluffy as missing. When animal control found her again they didn't even call the owners. A lady there spent 3 months trying to find a home for her. (You can read about her at the Success Stories from the Pyr Rescue. Scroll down to find Fluffy) When I agreed to be a foster home until someone adopted her, the lady at animal control hugged me and said Fluffy was way too sweet to be put down. We ended up adopting her because she really is the sweetest dog imaginable. She has some hillbilly teeth issues and she always looks like a mess, but she has been the perfect dog ever since we took her in. I sing "She's a very Fluffy Girl, the kind you don't take home to mother, She's so Fluff, that girl is so Fluff" to her on a daily basis. I nicknamed her "Tons Of Fun" due to her weight issues. But I'll admit she is easily my favorite of the 4 Pyrs we have owned. Somewhere along the line we decided June first is her birthday, probably when our vet guessed her to be 3 years old when we got her. She has lived a longer life than any of our others dogs. And if our young male, Oslo doesn't shape up she might outlive him. She has slowed down a bit but just yesterday the old lady hiked over three miles with me, swam in a river and ended the hike going up three flights of stairs to get out of a ravine. Yesterday little Jimmy Drescher said she looks like a cloud. I laughed because it was accurate and I'd never thought of it. But she has been like a big white fluffy cloud in our lives. The kind of cloud you see lying on the grass that floats across a blue sky on a summer day that just puts a smile on your face and makes you feel good. Thanks & Happy Birthday Fluff.

3 comments:

  1. Quite possibly the most beautiful dog/coat in the universe. Seriously beautimous if that's even a word. it's my world so I guess i can use whichever word I desire. Happy Birthday BearDog! I would love to kiss and hug you!!!!!!!!
    kd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, she'd love it too. Not sure why you can't post with google acct. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Greg...what a beauiful love story as well. I guess I missed both your Birthday's boo hoo..Happy Belated Birthday.
    Fluff sure is a lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete