Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12 Tools




We had dinner at Aunt Ann's house tonight. I replaced the hydraulic lifts on her car trunk and she made us shrimp scampi & pasta. That is a fine trade off for me. I also began to organize all of the tools left behind by her husband and her son. She is trying to clean up the garage and wants to sell off the tools. While looking through all the tool boxes and trying to determine what some of the tools are used for, I began to think about who will go through all my stuff when I die. This wasn't some morbid "oh woes me" thoughts, just wondering on my part. I concluded that I hoped someone who could use the tools would get them. Ann kept insisting I take what I wanted or needed and I will. I really enjoyed seeing the old Craftsman tools & boxes. Her husband Mike spent a lifetime putting this collection together and then one day, he no longer needs them. Ann has no use for them. So they will get passed to people who will add them to their toolboxes, then their day will come and the cycle repeats itself. These are the thoughts I had while organizing the tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment