Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 11 HAWKS WIN, HAWKS WIN



It was a day for youngsters. The whole family decided to pitch in and buy my nephew, Kennedy, a good mountain bike for his 12th birthday. So I took him to get the bike to be sure it was a good one. Now he has a better bike than I do but hopefully I have a riding partner. After that I watched the Blackhawks win an exciting 7-5 playoff game in front of the home crowd. The Hawks young stars got six of their seven goals, Patrick Kane (20) had a hat trick, Jonathan Toews (21) had two goals and an assist and Kris Versteeg (22) had a goal. One old guy (44) spent the night screaming at his TV and going crazy as the Hawks blew a two goal lead but came back strong to advance to the conference finals against either the despised Detroit Red Wings or the Anaheim Ducks. The Blackhawks picture was taken from the Chicago Tribune website.

No comments:

Post a Comment