Monday, December 21, 2009

December 19 Christmas In The City

We spent the afternoon in Chicago at the French Market in the west side Metra station and at the Christkindlmarket in Daley Plaza. I spent my most memorable Christmases at my grandparent's apartment in New York City. So I really do associate Christmas with being in the city. No sleigh ride to Grandma's house, for me it was a subway ride. Chrissy & I have always gone to the city to shop for Christmas. The crowds, the corner Santas, Christmas music playing in every store, the giant department store sidewalk window displays, people caroling on the street. These are just a few of the reasons that being in the city feels more like Christmas to me.

The French Market in the Metra Station at Randolph & Clinton. We bought some strawberry basil jam & salsa from Chicago Organics.


Here's Chrissy with her reusable shopping bag. She's so 2010 already.


AAAHHHH. Cheese glorious cheese. Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine supplied us with an incredible selection of cheese. We bought three types. All I can tell you so far is that the blue cheese was incredible. I ate it while watching the Blackhawks beat Detroit, so that might have added to my enjoyment of the cheese.


For those that complain there are not enough pictures of me...well I've never actually gotten that complaint...anyway here I am waiting for the subway.


A classic Chicago shot on State Street


 
 
A few shots of the Christkindlmarket vendors. Then we were off to dinner at Hub51. 

No comments:

Post a Comment