Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 10 Going To California


After landing at LAX, I spent the day with Kathy Delgado at her store, VintageWeave.


We had lunch from Loteria in the Farmer's Market across the street. I wish we had a place like this in Chicago. I'm not going to describe it here. Click on the link to check it out. We caught up while Kathy was busy dealing with customers and packing internet orders. Kathy's friend, Jon showed up and we got acquainted while Kathy continued to work. The three of us had dinner at the Village Idiot Pub. How appropriate Kathy took me there to eat. We had a great meal and it felt real good to spend time with an old friend. I bought some French soap and Kathy gave me a few gifts for Chrissy.


The pictures are from Kathy's store, you can shop online at VintageWeave. If you have any questions you can talk to Kathy directly, her number is available on the website.

 

Then I was off to see the parental units. My mom was happy to see me...for about 15 minutes...then she started calling me a brat. I was also warned not to include any of my visit in my infamous Christmas newsletter. Yeah, right mom. That's like Exxon finding the world's largest oil well and deciding not to tap it. I gotta go now. I haven't even started that damn newsletter yet.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I feel a French theme...time to eat a croissant.
    kathy d

    ReplyDelete