Monday, December 21, 2009

December 20 The Road

I recently read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road". The movie just came out in theaters. It is about a father and son walking south through a post apocalyptic America. There is virtually nothing living except for roving bands of cannibals. I bring this up because today we took the dogs for a walk along the beach at Marquette Park in Gary. It was a cold wintry morning. As we walked alone along the beach and then to the lagoon, it seemed like I was living "The Road". I know downtown Gary looks apocalyptic now, but this area was so vacant and the formerly beautiful buildings in Marquette Park have that vacant ramshackle look like they were abandoned suddenly for some unknown reason. That is why it seemed like I was living "The Road" today. Just me & my 3 dogs alone in the world, searching for food...let's face it...if I was really that hungry...it would be me and one dog...of course...if the three dogs were very hungry...it might be just the three dogs.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment