Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 18 The Never Ending Search

Pizza. Crust, tomato sauce, cheese. Simple enough. Why can't I find a decent pizza anywhere in Chicago? I'll admit that I believe New York City pizza is the best. I grew up eating those paper thin oversized slices of cheese pizza. I think most people like what they grew up eating. But my quest for a good slice gives me an open mind because I just want a good slice. Some places manage to have one or maybe two of the ingredients right, good crust bad cheese & sauce or maybe good cheese & sauce shitty crust. Just for the record, to test a pizza it has to be a cheese slice. If they make that good, go ahead and add all the toppings you like, it should still be a good pizza. For dinner tonight, I tried these California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas. I already know that all frozen pizzas suck like an evangelical preacher that rants about how the gays are ruining the world. But some nights you just have to lower your standards. First off, the crust tastes like cardboard so my initial reaction is this pizza sucks. The Sicilian pizza had good toppings, a bit spicy but tasty. The garlic chicken (again I must say crust, sauce, cheese, that is pizza) was awful. I couldn't taste garlic or chicken on that pie. Once I condemn a pizza, it isn't allowed in the house. The list of shitty pizza's is over two pages long by now. We have tried every pizzeria in the area and every shitty frozen pizza. Now you ask, are there any you actually will eat. Yes, Aurelio's but only the one in Homewood is any good, Sanfratello's is edible if I really crave a pizza, Luigi's on Clark Street in Chicago and a place on Broadway just south of the Aragon Theater, sorry don't even know the name, but they sell pizza by the slice. If you like gourmet type pizzas, try Pizza DOC on Lawrence in Chicago.

2 comments:

  1. did you ever try ricos on ridge road

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the sauce is a bit too sweet for my taste

    ReplyDelete