Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 21 Saturday In The Park




Cindy & I took the dogs to the dog park, then to the new Portage Beach & Riverwalk, then back to the dog park which was more crowded than I've ever seen it. After that trip both dogs crashed as soon as we got home. And so did I. I've gotten over my recent bout with being a 100 year old invalid, I am now about a 75 year old invalid. Things are looking up. After a 2 hour nap, Chrissy & I picked up Aunt Ann and met Cindy & her mom at The Warsaw Inn for a Polish Smorgasbord. I've been going to this place for over 25 years and it hasn't changed one bit. Thank God. The menu is exactly the same, blintzes, potato pancakes, pierogis, ham & roast beef carved off the bone. I used to work next door to the Warsaw Inn back in the late 1980's. At 7am, some big Polish women would show up riding their bikes. The place opened at 4pm and they spent the day making all the food from scratch. It still only costs $12.95 for adults on the weekend, cheaper other days. They offer early bird prices, free soda & coffee refills, live accordion music on Friday & Saturday and always give you a coupon to use on your next visit. The place is always packed. This sounds like a commercial for the Warsaw Inn because it deserves your business. I think too many places like this have closed over the years for many different reasons usually because they next generation decided to change with the times. This place has stayed the same and I love it for that. If you decide to go, call us. It's only 10 minutes away.

3 comments:

  1. You totally sell Warsaw Inn by advertising the live accordion music. It's the only reason I go!

    And I agree - The picture would have been funnier if I had my tongue hanging out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I bet if your mom wasn't there, you would have hit on the accordion player

    ReplyDelete