Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 20 Sunshine & Blue Sky




























3.97 inches of rain yesterday, a record for Chicago. Today blue skies as far as I could see. I spent the entire day outside. First I took the dogs to Kemil Beach with my niece, Kristian. We went up & down a sand dune to get to the beach, then spent time in the very cold water with the dogs. When I got back home, we gave the dogs a bath on the patio with the garden hose. Then we cleaned out the gutters but I had to leave the back gutter clogged with whirlybirds because the doves made a nest in the gutter and it has two eggs in it. Then I worked on my mountain bike, just some minor maintenance. After lunch, we set up my new backpacking tent in the backyard. Late in the afternoon, I went to Cruise Night in Downtown Lansing to take pictures of the cool old cars. I was on my way to the Taste Of Randolph Street festival to see the Posies and Urge Overkill when I got called into work for an emergency call. We had to repair the unleaded STP at a Speedway. When I got home at 9:30pm, Chrissy & Kristain were camping out for the night in the tent. I let Oslo out to join them. While out there I realized that I had spent 15 hours outside today. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment