Monday, June 15, 2009

June 14 Doggy Play Date







Today we had a play date for my dogs, Oslo & Fluffy. Bill & Vicki met us at Central Beach with Harley & Caesar (this is the correct spelling but it is more commonly spelled Ceasar, I'm sure Bill will let me know). I was told that Harley who is older doesn't play much and he prefers to just lay around. Caesar is younger and very active. That part was true. Caesar chased his rubber Kong on a string for over two hours. Harley also ran around a bit and went into the lake several times. Fluffy, who is the oldest of the four dogs, did wear out after awhile. We were there for almost 3 hours. Everyone climbed up a steep dune and ran back down. Oslo & I went down at full speed then stopped right in front of me. I went flying right over him and tumbled into the sand. Sorry no pictures of that. At one point, I had to pee and Vicki said "we live in the country, just go up into the bushes." Later she did the same thing but for some reason Bill waited until he could use the bathroom by the parking lot. I always thought the comments left on the blog about me needing to 'man up' were left by Bill, now I'm thinking they came from Vicki. The weather started cloudy & cool but ended sunny and warm. A very nice morning walk on the beach. Sorry I never got a group shot of all four dogs. The first shot is Fluffy taking a drink of that e-coli flavored Lake Michigan water. Then a Valentine family shot. I added the picture of Bill & Caesar because I really liked it. Vicki posed Oslo & Harley under the tree, Oslo looks like a statue but that was the best shot. Caesar reminds me of that old boxing statement, "pound for pound he's the strongest man alive". That dog is rock solid and incredibly strong. The last shot just had a cool look with the sun rays breaking through the clouds.

3 comments:

  1. The reason I waited to get back the bathroom to pee was that all the bushes were very short and you and Vicki both squat to pee and I have to stand up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuses, Excuses!! REAL MEN pee in the bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no greg real men like bush

    ReplyDelete