Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 28 The Chicago White Skirts


I finally made it to my first White Sox game tonight. I really haven't paid much attention to them because of the Blackhawks playoff run. I knew they were about .500 and that they won the first game of tonight's doubleheader. I also knew that tonight's pitcher, John Danks was off to a great start. So I didn't mind the 39 degree temperature and strong winds at the start off the game. The Sox ruined the night by losing 9-1. The lousy effort was by the whole team, hitting, pitching and fielding was terrible. A complete lack of effort. Only 3 balls were hit hard all night by the Sox. Most of the fans were more interested in getting updates on the Bulls playoff game than watching the Sox sleepwalk around the field. Some thoughts after the game, Josh Fields is completely misnamed, he has no range and can't catch what he does reach, the team seems to be the slowest in baseball once again, only Carlos Quentin hustles on every play and again this year either the whole team hits or no one hits. These problems can make for a frustrating season. At least I got to wear my White Sox hoodie that Patty gave me for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment