Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13 I Don't Like Mondays

"Tell me why"
"I don't like Mondays"
"I want to shoot the whole day down"
First of all, I want to say I did not shoot up a schoolyard today. I really should have titled today's blog "I don't like this Monday", but that's not as catchy. Why? You might be asking. Just look at the picture, for those familiar with the Chinatown ramp off the Dan Ryan Expressway, you already know why. The weather was miserable. All day long. For those that aren't familiar with that exit, on almost any other day of the year, you get a great shot of the entire downtown area of Chicago. Not just the faint outline of the Sears Tower. While sitting at the light, I realized something. I usually say that I enjoy winter in Chicago. I do mean it. I love the change of seasons we get here in the upper Midwest. The problem isn't winter. The problem is that spring sucks here. Sure we get a nice day here and there, but it seems to go from winter to summer more often than not. We don't have a spring season here. The trees start to bud, some real hearty flowers bloom, then it snows or worse it rains on a 35 degree day like today. It's tough to get going on a supposed spring Monday when you are soaking wet and shivering by 9am. Gotta go, "the silicon chip inside my head has switched to overload."

No comments:

Post a Comment