Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 10, 2013 The August Social Club Event - Updated

 
 
 
 


The August Social Club Event has two parts. On Saturday August 17th is Gogol Bordello at the Concord Music Hall at 2047 N. Milwaukee in Chicago. This show was originally at the Congress Theater but the city still has it closed down for multiple violations. Trust me, you've never seen anything like this band live. The first time I saw them opening up for the Dropkick Murphys (Patty informed me it was for Flogging Molly), I was like "what the fuck is this and what language is he singing?" By the end of their set, me and everyone else in the theater were dancing like fools to this infectious band. I have yet to meet anyone that didn't love seeing them in concert. So join us for this on Saturday night, kind of like a pre party event.

Then on Sunday August 18th, I have rented the Duneside Shelter at the Indiana Dunes State Park. So make a day of it at the beach and join us at the shelter. This will be an all day event for the whole family. The Duneside Shelter is past the campground. Once you pay to get into the park, ($5 for Indiana residents, $10 for out of state plates) you can park at the shelter and hike to the beach or drive to the beach parking lots.There are plenty of hiking trails, including ones that will take you to the beach. I will be there by 10am and plan on staying until at least 6pm, later if anyone is still hanging out. There will be food (hot dogs, Italian sausage and Chrissy will be making Romanian Mititei)  and drinks (soda, water) but ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE PARK. If you would like to bring some food, I will have a BBQ grill available. I will also have DJ equipment so there will be music. If you plan on attending please let me know. Hope to see you there.
 Click on map for bigger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment