Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 24 The Thunderbolt Kid


Once again, I am working the night shift after working half a day this morning. I am actually updating my blog from my work truck using a free wireless connection from a house near the Speedway on Calumet & 169th Street in Hammond, IN. I am halfway through Bill Bryson's book, "The Thunderbolt Kid". It is about his childhood growing up in the middle of the country (Iowa) in the middle of the century (1950's). I am laughing out loud at his version of life in America back then. I highly recommend any of his books. My introduction to him was "The Lost Continent : Travels In Small Town America". I have read most of his books and all are very funny. But Lost Continent is still my favorite.Years ago I bought the book but had not read it. While visiting me, my mom took the book to read on her flight home. She was in the airport reading it when my dad made her stop because she was laughing hysterically and people were staring. She mailed it back to me and I read it. I usually read in bed at night. I was laughing so hard Chrissy wanted to know what was so funny. I tried to read the passage to her but could not control my laughter. She would grab the book, read it herself and both of us would be laughing uncontrollably. Then we would have wild sex in order to stop laughing so we could get to sleep. OK, I made that part up, but the rest is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment