Monday, November 23, 2009

November 21 A Kid I Enjoy Spending Time With...Who Knew It Was Possible


I spent the afternoon with my niece Kristian. I needed help walking the three dogs and she agreed to go to Sweet Woods with me. As usual the dogs loved it. So did I. It was a nice fall day and I'm beginning to really enjoy the time I spend with Kristian. She finally seems like a little person not just a dopey kid anymore. I can actually have a conversation with her and she responds or asks questions like there are active brain functions. I am so excited that she has reached this point. She is outgoing and can start conversations that have cogent thoughts. I know a few kids much older than her that are not able to do this. She took the picture of me with the dogs in the pavilion at Sweet Woods. It was her idea that we flip a coin to see who had to pay for lunch on the way home. We split the first four flips, then she won three in a row to reach five first. We settled on White Castle and I explained why they are called sliders. She didn't care, she still wanted some. There is hope in the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment