Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4 Early Morning Hockey


At the last minute, I played hockey with Jaime & Mat Twardy's skate at St. John Ice Arena. They had the ice at midnight, but due to a semi pro game running late we didn't skate until 12:45am on Sunday morning. I wouldn't have skated but Jim Drescher & Bernie Glasgow were skating and I don't get to hang out with them much lately. We had fun out there, most of the players were younger & better than us but they were good guys. Afterwards Jim Bernie & I went to Round The Clock for breakfast. Back in high school I used to ditch first hour and have breakfast there and we got older we'd stop on the way home from the bars. So it was really cool to hang out til 3:30 in the morning just shooting the shit with a couple of friends there again. A great way to end the holiday season and begin a new year. Here's hoping for a few more late night breakfasts this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment