Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 30 Who Loves You?



My day got fucked up because of work. Late in the day I ran a call way up north in Glenview. It was 4:30pm. I had a 7pm meeting. Due to unbelievable Friday night traffic on the Edens, Kennedy & Dan Ryan highways, I made it to 95th Steet by 6:15pm. Fifteen minutes on the Bishop Ford freeway and I'd be home. But wait just a minute, the electronic sign says it will be 1 hour and 50 minutes to 159th St. 10 fucking miles, 110 motherfucking minutes. I could walk there faster. So I decide to take local roads. Great. So did several hundred other drivers. I had to reschedule my meeting. I didn't get home until 7:37pm. But that's not what this is about, it's just the set up. I am furious and I walk in the door. Fluff & Oslo are there to greet me. All happy to see me. It's about 5 degrees outside. So I take them for a walk to the bank since I need to use the ATM anyway. They loved it. I cut across an open field on the way and Oslo was jumping around in the knee deep snow. How could I still be angry? My dogs love me. It's like the joke about who loves you more, your wife or your dog. Put them both in the trunk of your car for an hour, open the trunk. Which one will be happy to see you?

No comments:

Post a Comment