Monday, January 19, 2009

January 12 Fluffy's Cafe

Our last day in NYC. At least it should have been but after a mad dash running with suitcases down Sutphin Blvd to catch the LIRR to Ronkonkama, we found that our flight was canceled. Fucking Southwest Airlines. But I digress. We ran into Manhattan to pick up my Aunt's birthday present, a photograph of horse carraiges in a snowy Central Park that I had enlarged and framed for her. We decided to eat breakfast here at Fluffy's. Now it is the name of our female dog and maybe that's why we stopped here years ago. But it is a typical little place that makes NY great. It is open almost 24 hours. You can get a fantastic breakfast until 1pm. The baked goods are top notch and always fresh. Of course the people watching is extremely entertaining. Years ago I was eating breakfast here with the Delgados when I got the phone call that my grandfather had died. So it reminds me of him and how he passed his love of his hometown on to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment