Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 14, 2014 Biking In New Orleans

Last night I was placing my dinner order at the upstairs bar at Mimi's in the Marigny when I asked a local sitting next to me for some advice on the eclectic menu. He gave me some of his favorites, so I bought him a beer. He thanked me by offering a bike rental at his place on Frenchmen Street. So we spent the day riding bikes through the Marigny and Bywater neighborhoods. Here's the pictures from our day.


We stopped here to do some Christmas shopping and found some great stuff.







Then we had lunch at The Joint. Since the place was packed, we invited a young couple to join us at our table. We talked about the French Quarter Fest, New Orleans music and food while we enjoyed the BBQ and the company.


We biked along the river...

...then back through the neighborhoods.





I love the colors, the artistic yard work, the wonderful uniqueness and the humor of this city. This Joe's Cozy Corner sign is on the roof of the dog house.  









A late afternoon thunderstorm ended our bike ride. So we continued on foot...

...and spent some quality time in another fantastic record store.














After drying out, we walked back to Bywater for dinner at a place we noticed on our bike ride...


...where we once again enjoyed some really good food.


We relaxed at the house and packed for our trip home while listening to some New Orleans music. It's been a fun week. Thank you New Orleans.





No comments:

Post a Comment