Saturday, May 10, 2014

April 18, 2014 The National at the Chicago Theater (Concert #20)



I was invited by Cindy (who I usually introduce as my flower girl but since she is now in her thirties that doesn't seem right so I could just call her my friend but that doesn't seem like enough so I will go with my little sister) and her husband Mark to see The National at the beautiful Chicago Theater. Tonight was the last of four sold out shows here. We had dinner at South Water Kitchen then walked over to the show. Cindy was the only real fan of The National. I knew a few of their songs and I think Mark might have heard Cindy play their songs. Anyway, I think we were unanimous in our dislike for the opening act, Daughter. I always try to catch the opening bands and will be fair in my assessment. They were not my kind of music and they were not good either. The female singer was so quiet you could hardly hear her. The National were very good. I really enjoyed the show. The deep voiced singer was very entertaining and they have quite a few good songs. The fact that most of the crowd sang along to every song always makes me enjoy a show. Plus for the last encore they played an acoustic version of "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks" and everyone sang along. I definitely would recommend checking out this band.








  1. (as 'Available' outro)
  2. Encore:
  3. ((possible) live debut)

No comments:

Post a Comment