Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April 29, 2012 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Round 2

We started our second day at Jazzfest by watching Los Po-Boy-Citos
play their brand of Latin funk.


Then it was the Hadley J. Castille Family & the Sharecroppers Cajun Band on the Fais Do Do stage. This picture is three generations of Hadley's family.
Like I said yesterday, I loved every band I saw on this stage.
Just for the record, this was from Jazzfest 2009.

We stopped to check out this young lady as we walked by the Congo Square stage on our way to see Jumpin' Johnny Sansone on the Acura stage....

...Erika Flowers and her band were so good, we stayed until the end of her set. They were fantastic. When we turned to leave, the crowd behind us was huge. I guess we weren't the only ones impressed by Miss Flowers.

A few pictures of the artwork....

....and amazing food available at Jazzfest.


My friend Adam says American festivals do not have as many flags as European festivals...

....so this picture is for Adam.

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue lived up to and surpassed the hype surrounding them. The band was as tight as any we have seen so far. They had the crowd bouncing throughout their set despite the hot & humid weather.

It began to look like some cool rain might fall, unfortunately it never did.

We headed to the Gospel Tent anyway and listened to the Mount Hermon Baptist Church Mass Choir.

A few drinks later I took pictures of the signs...

...in case I couldn't remember where I spent the day.

A few shots taken while wandering aimlessly....


After watching C.J. Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band, we caught a few songs by Lindigo of Reunion Island.

More flags just to show Adam how European New Orleans is.

This one shows the strange humor of this city.

I stopped at the Jazz Tent on my food run. This is Ellis Marsalis.

I loved the food as much as I loved the food here...



....it was hard to decide what to eat...somehow I solved that problem...by having a little bit of everything.

....another Indian parade.


I'm not sure who this was but they sounded great. I had two lunches in my hands so this shot looks pretty good considering I didn't drop a BBQ chicken sandwich and a turkey leg dinner.

I have been drinking, maybe some Ya Ka Mein would do me good.

I finally got done food shopping. I caught the last half of  Dr. John & The Lower 911 and then Bruce Springsteen's inspired set of party music mixed with songs about the strange condition of our country. Bruce was in a fun loving mood at times making sex jokes and then very somber when attempting to explain his concerns about America in words and songs. It was without a doubt one of my favorite Bruce shows.




 
As we left Jazzfest at the Fairgrounds Race Track, this sign seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment