Thursday, May 10, 2012

April 20, 2012 Goodbye Old Friend, Earth Day

 This is my first DJ monitor. When I started using a computer to DJ, this good old boy was there with me. It still works despite spending many Saturday nights in a smoke filled bar. Over the many years I used this monitor, it slowly got covered with decals, some mine, some given to me. As I started DJing more weddings this monitor wasn't appropriate, so I bought another CRT monitor and only used this one at bars. As I got older, monitors got lighter. About 5 years ago I switched to flat screen monitors, but I kept my old favorite in the basement and used it when testing equipment before gigs. Since today is Earth Day, Brookfield Zoo was doing electronic recycling and with a tear in my eye I loaded my old friend into Chrissy's car as she left for work. I told her to handle it for me, after all that we'd been through...it was too painful for me to put him down. Thanks for the memories my old friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment