Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 7 Car Dealerships

























I had to take my work truck, a Dodge Sprinter, to the dealer where we bought it for warranty work. I was told that South Holland Dodge is no longer a Dodge dealer therefore they can not do warranty work. I heard that two local Chevrolet dealers are about to lose their dealerships also. One has been a Chevy dealer for over 80 years the other for more than 60 years. This is all because of government mandated cutbacks the auto industry is required to perform since they accepted the bail out money. Of course a couple of them went bankrupt anyway, so where did the tax payer money actually go? I also would like to know how eliminating the dealerships saves them money. The dealers are independently owned. So now even more people are out of work and we, the people providing the bailout money, have fewer places to buy and service our cars. Please explain this logic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment