Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 22, 2019 A Beautiful "Winter" Day at Marquette Park Beach

I woke up to two dogs on the bed next to me after DJing a wedding last night. I didn't get to bed until 2am and they let me "sleep" until 8am. 

It is officially winter and today we have autumn weather. Sunshine and 50 degrees. So the fun bunch three are off to the beach at Marquette Park. Here is the marker for the southern point of Lake Michigan...

...and here I am standing at the southern point of the Lake of Peacefulness. 

Nola & Yeti storming the beach to check out the drift wood.

There is more beach here today than I have seen all year.

Hiking west from the east side of Marquette Park.

There are several ridges where the sand has washed away in this area.

Nola with a big ole smile on a perfect December day to visit the beach.

There is still frozen sand in the shade that has collapsed onto the beach.

The ridge we hiked along suddenly ended.

Nola and I jumped down but Yeti kept walking...

...so I was able to get this action shot of him jumping down.

As we got closer to lake Street Beach, there were still icicles hanging off the frozen ridges.

Using my massive head to block out the sun for this selfie while relaxing on the beach. I love spending time outdoors year round. But today really feels special. I can feel the warmth of the sun and it feels fantastic. I sat on the beach for 20 minutes or more just relaxing in the sun all alone on the beach. These moments really do recharge the system and keep me somewhat sane in a world going insane. Eventually the dogs get restless and we move on.

Looking back east at the frozen sand in the shade.

Yeti loves walking in the lake.

Lake Street Beach and the lake is extremely calm today

A rare occasion when Yeti poses for me.

Heading back to Marquette Park...

...on the Chanute Trail...

...with the low sun lighting up the dune grass and the frozen ponds between the dunes.

Great light for pictures when shooting with the sun at my back.

Yeti & Nola decided to climb up a dune...

...which brought us to this view of the Marquette Park Lagoon and Pavilion. 

Another good picture of Yeti.

I really like the sun glare on the ice.

My little girl posing on top of the sand dune.

We hiked back to the car through the park.

The Aquatorium looks great today. Another beautiful day spent outdoors...thank you Mother Nature for the early Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment