Saturday, November 22, 2014

November 6, 2014 Open Mic Night at JJ Kelley's with Adam Balcazar (Concert #44)



My talented friend, Adam Balcazar is now hosting the Thursday night Open Mic nights at JJ Kelley's in Lansing. I finally found time to see him play again. Since I last saw him perform several months ago, I was looking forward to hanging out and hear some new songs. I have to admit he sounded much more confidant on stage tonight. He was singing with a stronger voice and sounding more at ease at the same time. I loved his cover of Jolene by Ray LaMontagne. But it is his original songs that I have to admit are fantastic. Adam knows me well enough to know that I would tell him he sucks if I truly thought that about his music. He has written several really good songs and you can see his confidence in them when he performs. The bar was pretty crowded and several people were asking to perform. I did see Adam's friend Brian Mundee play a really good set of songs. They were mostly cover songs from bands I love but really interesting choices like Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. Since I am an old man that had to be up early for work, I left around 11:30 but I would highly recommend checking out JJ Kelley's Open Mic Thursday nights. As usual please support live music whenever possible.

Adam posted these videos a few months ago. Let me or Adam (you can find him on Facebook) know how you like the songs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment