Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 21 & 22, 2014 Chicago's L.A.T.E. Ride

Here we are waiting on Columbus Avenue waiting to start the L.A.T.E. Ride. That's my sister in law Kimmy and some girl that looks like my wife but isn't because Chrissy was too sick to go to work the next day. I know it seems very strange that someone who looks just like her decided to ride with us. But I figured I had a better chance of having sex somewhere along the ride with a stranger than with my wife so I let her ride with us.

Due to storms earlier in the evening, the crowd seemed much smaller this year...

...but as you can see in this picture...my head continues to get larger every year.

A quick photo stop in Chinatown.


Another photo stop in the Puerto Rican neighborhood of Humboldt Park.

Division Street with the fog starting to creep in.

The rest stop in Humboldt Park.

I was going to get some medical assistance from the ambulance but then I saw this little girl smiling and enjoying the ride so far and I got embarrassed for being such a sorry old fat bastard and walked away. I took a few shots around Humboldt Park instead.







We finally caught up with Kimmy so this strange girl could get her rain coat. It wasn't raining but the fog was so thick it felt like rain.


I love these two pictures. The Ghost Riders...somehow only the lights on the bikes showed up.


I only posted this to amuse myself...look at the size of that fucking head...I must have an amazingly strong neck because Barry Bonds looks at me and says "that motherfucker has a giant head"!

Since the chance of seeing a sunrise was obviously less than zero percent. I frequently stopped along the Lakefront Trail and took pictures.




Here at the Belmont Harbor I met a butcher from Brookfield who was also enjoying the ride. I think that is the first time I met someone who was a butcher.


I lost Kimmy and that strange girl so I just kept taking pictures.














The fog was making it impossible to see the city from the lakefront.












We stopped and had breakfast at the Golden Crown in Lansing and around the corner from our house we saw this sign. Lansing has been trying to revitalize the downtown area with special events and now some delinquent fucked with their sign. He must have thought this was funny...and so did I. Even though we had been up all night and desperately needed sleep...I drove around the block to get a picture of this sign. If the town had advertised this event instead of some country music bullshit event I would have signed up for this instead of the L.A.T.E. Ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment