Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013 This Month's Social Club Get Together

"Life goes by so fast, you only want to do what you think is right.
Close your eyes and then it's past;
(It's the) Story of my life.

Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a
Little longer.

I think about the good times we had
And why they had to end.
So I sit at the edge of my bed,
I strum my guitar and I sing an outlaw
Love song.

Thinkin' 'bout what you're doin' now
And when you're comin' back." - from 'The Story Of My Life' by Social Distortion
 
 
This Social Club idea is still evolving. I still haven't come up with a better name for it or figured out exactly how it is going to work each month. I am open to any ideas. That said this month's get together will be at my house on Sunday February 24th. It will be a pasta dinner about 4pm. But I figured to just have an all day open house and everyone is welcome to stop by at any time after 10am. I will be making homemade sauce which takes about 6 hours. It will look pretty much like this....
 
 
or maybe like this....
 

Either way, there will music, movies, food, drinks and the Blackhawks game at 6pm. You can bring some food if you'd like but it isn't necessary. Hopefully the day doesn't end like this...but it might...I do love a good cannoli.
 
 
For those that haven't been to my place, email me at djbrooklyn@comcast.net for directions. Also I have two Great Pyrenees dogs. They are big and they shed white fur so don't wear black. If you chose to ignore that warning, we have a lint brush. Also a free bottle of wine to the first person, except my wife, who can answer this question...For over 30 years, I have played this album every time I make sauce. What is the name of the album?


No comments:

Post a Comment