Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 4, 2011 A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

The Alley behind the Towle Theater, Hammond, IN

I was running late. My last job was in Lincoln Park. I took LSD (the street not the drug) then Route 41 to Hammond. It was too late to go home, shower, pick up Aunt Ann, eat dinner somewhere and make it to the Towle Theater to see the play "Ruthless". So I stopped at El Taco Real and picked up a quart of pork taco meat, steak fajitas and my favorite, queso fundido. I got home, showered and Chrissy & I were off to Ann's house. We had our Mexican dinner and made it to the theater in time to see the very entertaining play, "Ruthless". You might be asking why did I go through all this trouble. Because Chrissy's Great Aunt Ann is one of my favorite people to spend time with. She makes me laugh mostly because she is very outspoken on a wide variety of topics. She will speak her mind but it never seems offensive because she has such a gentle way about her. My favorite trait of hers is even though she is 85, she still thinks she is 35. For example, the Towle Theater has an elevator to take you to the second floor which is where the plays are performed. Ann insisted on taking the stairs, so Chrissy walks along side her and I follow from behind in case she starts to fall. The ticket taker at the top has watched her struggle up the stairs and has heard me asking her why didn't she take the elevator. He starts telling Ann about his 81 year old German mother who insists on shoveling the snow at her place. Ann replies, "I'm not that stubborn. I let other people shovel the snow." How could you not love this lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment