Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 11, 2011 Sunset Under The Skyway

95th Street, South Chicago

On my way home from work, I stopped at Calumet Fisheries to pick up a shrimp dinner and some smoked shrimp. I forgot it was the first Friday of Lent. The line was out the door. As I walked west of the 95th Street Bridge, I saw the sun setting below the Chicago Skyway.
Tonight was the first time I played hockey in 5 months. Last week I skated during warm up before my team's game. Tonight I skated every other shift during the Sudden Death Hockey Club's Friday night skate. My leg felt pretty good for the first hour but got very weak after that so I headed to the locker room. It was a very encouraging step toward getting back to playing condition for me. Thanks to Reg, Frank, Tommy, Steve, Kurt and Mini Phil for letting me float through the lines and split shifts with them. It felt good to be back on the ice among friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment