Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9, 2013 The June Social Club Outing (also a heads up for July & August)


 
I am trying to clear up confusion and also try to convince a few people to join me for this month's Social Club Outing. I know I already posted info for this on May's blog post but some people didn't realize the info for June was also part of that blog. Here's a couple of my pictures from the Long After Twilight Ends (L.A.T.E.) Ride. To see more pictures just use the search box on this blog with LATE Ride. This is a real easy ride through the streets of Chicago. I have seen families with kids as young as 10 years old on this ride. It is not a race and you can ride at your own pace. I stop to take pictures along the way. It is a great way to see Chicago at night. Of course watching the sun rise over Lake Michigan from the Lakefront Trail is a highlight for almost everyone on the ride. It takes place Saturday June 29/Sunday June 30th. The party starts at 11:30p(Saturday)at Buckingham Plaza and the ride starts at 1am (Sunday) in Grant Park and ends at 6am in Grant Park. I highly recommend this annual event to anyone that can ride a bike. You have to sign up at http://www.lateride.org/. They also require a helmet for the ride. We will meet about midnight in Grant Park at Buckingham Fountain. Please contact me if you plan on meeting me for this event.


Save the following dates for the July & August Social Club Outings:
July 26th - Pierogi Fest in Whiting, IN
August 17th - Wilson Shelter at Indiana Dunes State Park



No comments:

Post a Comment